10.24.2012

Road Trip Wednesday

Since I seem I have nothing else to blog about (oh wait, yes I do! But that'll be later) I though I'd answer YA Highway's RTW question!

It isn't surprising that this month's Bookmobile selection, Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bonehas sold film rights; the darkly magical world of the Shadow Fold begs for an on-screen translation*! But that got us wondering. We'd like to know, in your opinion, what is it that makes some books seem ideal for a film translation?

For me, when I find out a book I've read is coming out as a movie, I'm very skeptical. For instance, Divergent by Veronica Roth is on the freeway to becoming a movie. There's a director, potential casting, and a release date. I love the book, but I'm very wary of this movie. The book seems so perfect in my head, that I don't want it ruined by some actor who will not live up to the part of Tris, or Four. And the fact that Veronica doesn't have really any say in casting (or much of the production? I'm not sure) makes me wonder if the producers will pick good people.

I was surprised by The Hunger Games though. Jennifer Lawrence did a brilliant job. 

Basically, I just think movies should be original stories. I'll quote John Green here and say, "Books belong to their readers" and I wish it would stay that way.

MY EXCITING NEWS IS THAT, I'm halfway through with The Evolution of Mara Dyer and it's amazing. But, I have friend that's a customer at the Starbucks I work at who knows Michelle Hodkin, the author of said book. So Christina (my friend) tweeted at Michelle today telling her about me fawning over Noah, and then I tweeted saying that was me and MICHELLE TWEETED ME BACK. I mean, I realize that authors are regular people, BUT STILL. IT'S EXCITING. 

It's cool to get to talk to people you admire, okay?

I'm gonna go back to fangirling over Noah Shaw now.

No comments:

Post a Comment