10.23.2012

Books That Changed My Life

Over at YA Highway they made a post called, "Books That Shifted Your World" today. It was interesting seeing what their books were, and I thought I'd list mine.


The Bible. This book is still changing my life. I still like exploring it and finding new information. To be honest, I haven't read all of it, but I would like to. It's not a text I can fly through. I have to let the words sink in and analyze them.

The Book Thief. I was lucky and found this book on my own accord. I skipped an assembly one day in high school and headed to my local Barnes & Noble. This book was on the YA shelf and I picked it up just because of the interesting title. From reading the abstract on the back, I was kind of wary, but it had a Printz Award on it, so I thought it should be worth my time. Boy, was I right! This book sucks you in, with the beautiful prose and incredible character development. It will make you cry, laugh, and all of the emotions in between.
Looking for Alaska. No matter what John Green novel you read, it will shift your world. This book I read my first semester of college and it reminded me of why I loved YA in the first place.


Those are the books that I think of first when people ask me my favorite books. They have not only changed my life, but I'm sure they've changed many other lives as well. I'm currently working through Infinite Jest right now (slowly, but surely) and I'm hoping I can add that book to my list, even if it takes me a year and a half.

P.S. Call me cliché, but I love Taylor Swift's new album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment